In 1961 Saigon Station Chief and future Director of the CIA William Colby set up a CIA/MACV-SOG run front company gambling casino in Saigon and smaller scale sub-casino in Kontum, South Vietnam. The cover story for these casinos was that they were stress relief vehicles for American advisors and later GIs and local friendly citizens, but in reality, the principal function was as a discretionary revenue generation vehicle for the CIA and source of valuable info/intel for the CIA’s Phoenix Program as the casino was open to both military and civilian individuals. Discretionary fund generation created cash flow funding sources for such activities as bribery of local political officials, payoff of local informant sources, etc., all without using the conventional CIA funding pipeline proven to have been compromised from time to time for NVA/VC moles.
WHITE - $1 or 1 French Indochinese pre-1946 made cupro-nickel Piastre coin
RED - $5 or 5 French Indochinese pre-1946 made cupro-nickel Piastre coin
BLUE - $20 or 20 French Indochinese pre-1946 made cupro-nickel Piastre coin
BLACK - $100 or 100 French Indochinese pre-1946 made cupro-nickel Piastre coin
These black chips were magnetic particle encoded by a process invent by a CIA controller consortium of Raytheon Corporation, MIT, and Manhattan Project administrator Vannevar Bush to timeline code mark the poker chips so their journey through the CIA run Phoenix Program, VC, NVA, and South Vietnam operative agent network could be monitored as the Saigon poker chips could only be redeemed at the Saigon or Kontum casinos. Wooden chip tray may be magnetic particle encoded as well.
The casino black poker chips, after being armorer “7.62 NATO” stamped, became the Black Death Chips MACV-SOG CCN teams used in Vietnam as Psychological Warfare Payback counting coup. The Black Death Chips were stored in the 7.62 NATO stamped wood trays back at the base camp prior to use in the field. Evidentially, the deeply superstition SE Asian is negatively conditioned to black rounded edge images and were left as a WE WANT YOU TO KNOW WHO DID THIS on or in KIA NVA and VC Dedicated Mission Torture Squad members.
The shock value was apparent on many levels:
1. The NVA and VC Dedicated Mission Torture Squads had learned to fear the MACV-SOG teams that hunted them 24/7.
2. The NVA and VC Dedicated Mission Torture Squads had learned the significance of the Saigon Station Casino black poker chip as they most always won at the casino tables using the color poker chips and most always lost “big” at the tables using the black chips.
3. The Phoenix Program Targets of Opportunity Kill Lists contained the names of many NVA/VC Dedicated Mission Torture Squads members.
4. The NVA and VC Dedicated Mission Torture Squads had seen the tremendous wound ballistics of the US Snipers 7.62 NATO round from M40 and M21 sniper rifles.
5. The NVA and VC Dedicated Mission Torture Squads had received punishment from the own officer corps forcing them to carry black round rocks of discs in their person in various locations. In extreme cases, this treatment by their officers was used as a culturally programed insult to a man’s virility implying he had the curse of the Black Death of homosexuality.
Within 60 days after implementing this shock value treatment for NVA and VS Dedicated Mission Torture Squads, orders came down from Uncle Ho and Hanoi that all the Dedicated Mission Torture Squads be banished to Laos and Cambodia into civilian status. So done, these teams were hunted down to the last man by Cambodian/Laotian tribesman and MACV-SOG advisors.
The color chips are the only known to exist at present.
Only 3 other Black Death chips are known to exist in 3 museums, 2 US military museums and one public/military museum in Moscow.